On Thursday though I did manage to edit the clip where Jess looked on wondering why the boys didn't pay more attention to her and longing for their appreciation. I made this clip longer by getting rid of the cross dissolve I had and and putting in one which is a lot faster, so to keep with the rhythm of the music, but most importantly to represent this sadness and longing more to the viewer, so to contrast with how she feels after putting on the perfume, so the perfume is the catalyst and stimulus for these new emotions.
Next week I plan to:
- Re-film the lads (hopefully Monday in my frees) and change the first shot of them, probably a side shot and they will look on pointing but not over acting too much
- Edit the voice over at the start as it is not necessary, the story is told through the action/footage and action, and maybe have just "release your inner essence" at the end
- Change the editing near the end (after Jess takes her coat off) so to look more professional, as some of the transitions can look a bit slow or sloppy and not fit in, I will try to make them fit in with he beat of the music
- Change the image, hopefully I'll be able to use photoshop to get a still of Jess holding the bottle, I'm not sure yet but will defiantly know soon, and will get someone to help me with photoshop as have no idea how to use it.
- Change the font and position of the text, but I will only know where to do put it and how it should look after I've done the photoshop for the bottle.
- Finally once this is done the music will be out of sync with the footage so I'll fix that and hopeful then will have a complete advert.
If all this goes to plan, which I promised to myself I will try my utmost hardest to make sure it will, I can get going on my second advert by latest Friday.